Sunday, February 05, 2006

Movies and Cheerios

Scott and Bruce are taking a long Sunday afternoon nap right now. I woke up a bit early, so I thought I'd write a paragraph or two.

We've been in a movie-watching mood lately. On Friday night we watched Saint Ralph. I'd read a blurb about it in a running magazine and wanted to see it. It's about a young Catholic school boy - ten, eleven-ish - who believes that if he wins the Boston Marathon, it will save his dying mother. It was a little weird, but I got a kick out of the slow motion sprint to the finish scene. Saturday night we got the Dirty Dozen, an old classic action flick. I thought it was great until pretty much everybody died at the end.

Bruce made it all the way through church today without eating. He was awake most of the time too. Usually, he freaks out in Sunday School and I have to disappear into the mother's lounge to feed him and calm him down. Today though, Scott put him to sleep when he spazzed in Sunday School and he slept through some of the last hour of church. He did wake up at the end and fussed, so I kept handing him Cheerios to keep quiet. The Relief Society floor was covered in Cheerio dust and crumbs - not just from Bruce. So I guess he did eat. But it didn't require the mother's lounge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home