Monday, December 17, 2007

Happy Birthday Emily!






Happy Birthday to me. It's been a few days of birthday celebration. Scott lined up a babysitter and took me out to Taiwan Cafe, an amazingly good Chinese restaurant. It is located in Chinatown and looks like a hole but it was soooooo good. I had crispy tofu and homestyle eggplant with basil and Scott had soft crabs with ginger and pork dumplings. It all tasted so much better than it sounds. We couldn't get our leftovers to go and we decided that it was too good to simply waste, so we ate every last bit of it. And it was a lot of food. After our feast, we went to see the Nutcracker performed by the Boston Ballet. I hadn't been to the ballet since high school when I had a friend that danced with the Ohio Ballet regularly. I was amazed that those little ladies could stand on their toes for hours when I could barely walk in the heels I had on.

Scott got me the Planet Earth DVD set for my birthday! Hooray! He also got me some yummy dark chocolates. As you can see, I'm not the only fan of dark chocolate in the house!

My parents bought me a new pair of my favorite shoes for my birthday. That's a blog post in itself though. I need to get a few pictures of the shoes side by side. One pair is a decade old and smooth on the bottoms and the other is nice and fresh.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Emily, from one of your readers. Thanks for the great blog--it's always very entertaining.

12:55 PM  
Blogger monicac2 said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a good one!

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home