Sunday, June 22, 2008

Day at the Museum

We did do one touristy thing. We went to the Museum of Natural History. Bruce fell asleep on the way there and slept through the African mammals.
But he did wake up in time for the dinosaur bones. He LOVED it. I didn't think he'd be excited about stuff he could only look at and not touch, but I was wrong.


We also made a stop at F.A.O. Schwartz and played with toys. We just so happened to get there right when it opened, so we got to see a guy dressed up as a toy soldier roll out a red carpet in front and welcome everyone in.
Another BYU cross country teammate is living in New York, so we met up with her for dinner one night.

After dinner it was raining on and off. At one point there was a rainbow between all the tall buildings. You can see it faintly in this picture.

2 Comments:

Blogger rebecca said...

Emily, this dinosaur exhibit at that very museum is what jump-started Thomas' obsession with dinosaurs. I thought there were only a few species, but apparently my ancient school books were incomplete:)
If you go back to NYC with Bruce, the Central Park zoo is way fun. It's small, but it's just a few bucks and our kids love the polar bear, penguins, and sea lions. The Tisch Zoo is right there as well for tiny tots....again, surprisingly cheap fun for NYC.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Drewmeister said...

I love the shot of Bruce in between the dinosaur's jaws! NYC is so fun--I wish I had a friend down there so I could go down more often and crash on a couch.

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home