Friday, September 10, 2010

School's In!




School has officially started. Bruce had orientation earlier this week where we toured the school (hula hoops in the gym! sweet-o playground!) and got to know the teachers. Today was the first real day, though, when I could drop him off and leave. I've heard lots of moms describe their meltdowns and tears after this momentous occasion, but that was not my experience. I gave Bruce a hug (although he was looking in the other direction, distracted by the train tracks and Legos) and walked to a park, where I pushed Phoebe in a swing for awhile. Once she was thoroughly tired, we came home and she took an uninterrupted nap while I caught up on emails and resumed the job hunt. Then I went grocery shopping - just me and Phoebe - which was a very nice change, especially after this experience...
Scott's birthday was earlier this week. We made him a German chocolate cake complete with cholesterol, but we didn't have his gift ready for him. We picked it up yesterday, along with a couple jars of baby food, at Walmart. You know how they have those rotating bag-o-matics that are just so fun to spin? While I was paying, Bruce couldn't help himself and he gave it a good spin. My bags went flying in all directions and I spent the next few minutes cleaning up glass and pureed chicken-broccoli-whatever baby food off all my other purchases while repeating the phrase, "I will not get angry." Thankfully, I'd tucked Scott's gift in my diaper bag, so it escaped the baby food disaster.

We got Scott an iPod Touch. It is so cool that it deserves its own blog post, so that's all I'm saying about that just now.

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Frozen Cacti said...

So did it help to tell yourself you wouldn't get angry? I wish that worked for me...

I agree the iPod Touch is one of the coolest things ever. I have my scriptures and manuals on mine. I also have tons have really fun games for the kids to play when we are driving in the car or waiting somewhere. LIFESAVER. You might need to get one for yourself.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

You know, I didn't shed any tears over my first entering school either. It was my baby starting kindergarten that pulled too hard on the heart-strings. I think with the first I was realieved to be back down to one for a couple of hours. Enjoy the time!

7:44 PM  
Blogger TheKunks said...

YOu are so patient! Bruce looks excited for school. Your little girl is growing up so fast. =)

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home