Friday, August 20, 2010

Bridge of Flowers 10K

Last weekend I ran a race: the Bridge of Flowers 10K, which served as the USATF New England 10K Championship. Scott was working one of his epic 30-hour shifts, so I brought the kids along and my coach babysat them while I raced. The course was awesome! The first two miles had a few tiny hills, then the entire third mile was one humongous hill, and then the last 3.2 miles were downhill or flat. The hill was killer; perfectly fit runners were stopping and walking left and right. I pressed onward to reach the lone accordion player at the top. My time was terrible, but I was the fifth finisher on my team, so I was happy with that. I'm hoping for a better time at the Tuft's 10K in October.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger TheKunks said...

Way to push through the beast of a hill! Love your hairdo. You are amazing! Sounds like you always get great coaches. I can just imagine Coach Shane pushing a jogging stroller for one of us. :)

1:24 PM  
Blogger mithu said...

You are AWESOME!!!!! Way to go!!

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home