Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Snow, snow, snow




Greetings from the East. We had a monster of a snow storm last weekend. It snowed 13 inches on Sunday. The snowdrifts went up to the windows of the cars in some places. Since then, though, it's been sunny and a lot has melted. Can't wait for summer.

This is Bruce chewing on his toothbrush. I bought him a red toothbrush that has a blinking light for a minute when the bottom is pushed. It's supposed to help kids brush for a full minute, but I got it so Bruce would be interested in dental hygiene. It worked. In fact, it works a little too well. Before we leave the house I always brush my teeth and I let him hold his toothbrush so he's not grabbing at mine. When I'm done, I put my toothbrush away and then his. Twice this week, he's thrown complete tantrums when I've tried to take it away (arched back, velocoraptor screaming, kicking, etc.). So he's carried that toothbrush to work with me and to pick up Scott. I can only get it out of his hands when he's asleep.

Valentine's Day was wonderful. Scott and I made dinner for each other (I made him steak parmesan and he made me baked eggplant) and then exchanged gifts. I got him a new wedding band because the original is a little beat-up looking and made of steel, which is what car parts are made of. When we got married, he insisted that he get a steel band because it's a nonreactive metal and he'd be working with all kinds of funny chemicals in grad school. Now we're in grad school and he's really not around funny chemicals and it's not like they'd blow his hand off anyway, right? I think he was just being cheap when we got married. So I got him a nicer tungsten band.

This weekend, we're going to New York City for the USATF Cross Country National Championships. I'm running in the 8k with my Greater Boston Track Club team. So stay tuned for more exciting news...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home