Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm a Free Woman - and a Poor One Too

It's official: I'm unemployed. I put in my two weeks notice just that long ago and Wednesday was my last day at Reviewed.com/DigitalCameraInfo.com. I enjoyed the work, but not the amount of it (too many hours!). Add on a few moral/ethical scuffles and it was just too much. I celebrated my newfound freedom by painting my nails for the first time since college (thanks for the nail polish, Karyn!) while watching American Idol. I won't be that lazy every night though: now I'm searching for some freelance writing gigs.

Last night we had one of my former coworkers over for dinner. Bruce gets very excited when people come over. The highlights of the night included Bruce flexing his muscles and then asking to see my coworker's muscles, and Bruce swiping a steak knife and waving it in the air while yelling "WHAT'S GOING ON HERE?"

5 Comments:

Blogger ellen said...

Congrats?!? At least you aren't lacking in entertainment with Bruce around!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Frozen Cacti said...

What will we do on Wednedays now? Let's plan something. We need Bruce to entertain us too!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah Congrats!!! You deserve it--you and Scott are always working too hard. Hopefully your nails get more attention in the future.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Laura & Brad said...

aw - i'm so happy for you! enjoy your time off...

1:56 PM  
Blogger The Elledges said...

you should come hang out with me I'm unemployed also and I should paint my toes since the nail polish has grown almost all the way off now. I have pink tipped toe nails

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home