Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Worst Weekend Ever

Don't get too excited. It came and it went. I thought the first miscarriage fulfilled my statistical quota for life: some 1 in 5 pregnancies are miscarried. But two in a row? This stinks. And rotten of rottenness: it happened the day before my first miscarried baby was due. Nasty weekend.
Scott and Bruce are taking good care of me. Scott took Bruce to the store so I could get some down-time. Bruce picked out some flowers for me. He insisted on buying these daisies in a watering can and he keeps talking about when we're going to plant our garden (he loved playing in the garden last summer). For a few days, Bruce kept telling me to "Go get some rest! Go to sleep!" He doesn't really understand what's going on; I hadn't explained the baby-in-the-tummy thing yet, so he just thinks I'm "a little bit sick," as he puts it.

In happier news, tomorrow is Valentine's Day and I've got a huge cheesecake in the oven for my boys. Scott and Bruce both LOVE cheesecake. Their toppings differ though: Scott prefers fruit like strawberries or blueberries. Bruce prefers rainbow sprinkles - or "jimmies" as New Englanders call them.

9 Comments:

Blogger ellen said...

You're all in my thoughts and prayers. I hope the cheesecake was yummy! Happy Valentine's Day!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Boston Run Gals said...

pbpyezEmily-
I am thinking about you. I have missed you as a training partner....Take care.
Lynn J.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Karyn said...

We are sorry for your loss. A miscarriage is so sad. We love you lots.

Karyn & family

3:32 PM  
Blogger monicac2 said...

Sending hugs, thoughts & prayers your way!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Watauga Relief Society said...

Em,
I'm so sorry, you're in my prayers :)

7:22 PM  
Blogger Laura & Brad said...

Thinking about all three of you. Lots of love...Laura & Brad

1:02 AM  
Blogger Laura & Brad said...

We're so sorry to hear your news. Thinking of all 3 of you.

Love, Laura & Brad

1:03 AM  
Blogger Jodi and Jesse said...

Emily, I don't know what to say. I'm sincerely sorry. We will keep you and your family in our prayers.

7:54 AM  
Blogger Drewmeister said...

Emily and Scott,

I'm so sorry to hear this news. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Lori Lyn

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home