Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Valentine's Day 2008

This is THE cheesecake I'd made for the boys. As expected, they both loved it. Strawberries for Scott and sprinkles for Bruce. Scott got me dark chocolate and a rose, I got him an Eric Whitacre CD, and we got Bruce some bubble bath.
We always make each other really good food on Valentine's Day. In return for the cheesecake, Scott made me a hot fudge sundae cake - and served it up with soy ice cream. Yum!
Before all the desserts, I made baked eggplant and had it all set up with candlelight when Scott walked in. Dinner didn't go as planned though. Scott walked in with our next-door neighbor, an elderly woman that got locked out of her apartment. We invited her to eat with us, so she did. It was a little weird though. She only speaks French. She couldn't figure out what we were eating and was gesturing at her food and saying something along the lines of "what is this?" So I pulled out my laptop, googled an image of an eggplant, and showed her. The internet is amazing.
This is Bruce at snack-time a few days later. Sometimes he insists that his animals join us at meals.

1 Comments:

Blogger Watauga Relief Society said...

ok, how yummy does your cheesecake look!!

and ... a french guest for valentine's? fantastic

animals invited to dinner... my daily life :)

what a day :)

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home