Saturday, March 22, 2008

Saturday Morning Track Meet

This morning we headed to a track meet to cheer on some friends running the 10k and chat with other teammates. It was fun to catch up with my running buddies but a little depressing to sit on the sidelines the whole time and not race. I ran this meet last year and had a pretty good race, so it reminded me of how far (downhill!) I've gone in the last year in terms of running. Give me a new hip and a few years and I'll be back.
Scott and Bruce came to the track meet too. They watched the start of the race, then went for a long hike in the woods next to the track. Scott said he was impressed with Bruce's stamina. He can walk a few miles without complaint (although he went down for a nap very easily afterwards).

1 Comments:

Blogger Watauga Relief Society said...

Emily! That must have been SO hard to sit and watch. Prolly just wanting to take off with anxiety. I hope you are feeling well and your hip diagnosis was good. happy Easter!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home