Saturday, March 15, 2008

My Old Lady Hip Pain

That's why it hurt so much...

But let's start from the beginning. Last year my hip gave me a few twinges of pain every now and then, but I never paid much attention to it. I'd attribute it to improper stretching or too hard of a workout or whatever. Then in January when I went to two conventions and wore my laptop, camera, and lenses on my back for two weeks, I came home hobbling.

I figured it was probably some running injury that would heal up with a few weeks rest. I rested and rested and the pain got a little better, but it still hurt to run (or walk, or do pretty much anything) after six weeks so I finally went to see the doctor.

The first doctor bent it around a bunch and asked me a few questions; that night it hurt way worse than when I went in.

Then I switched insurance plans, and had to get a new doctor anyway. She didn't bend it around (thank you), but asked me questions and ordered an X-ray. The diagnosis? Partially dislocated hip.

So that's why it was so painful. And that is just one reason I am not running Boston this year (everyone keeps asking).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! What are they doing for your treatment?
-Shanna

4:46 PM  
Blogger ellen said...

Glad you got a name for your pain!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Karyn said...

Partially? I thought those kinds of things are either in or out.
Is your hip teetering on the edge of falling completely apart?
So is it fixable?

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home