Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Yes, Another Playdate




Bruce had his friend over to play yesterday morning. They got especially involved in building a construction zone with Play-Doh and Matchbox cars.

Last week I taught some Cub Scouts about running and marathoning. They are required to learn about a sport, so I got to show off all my gear. I brought in a few pairs of racing shoes so they could compare them: weight, cushioning, etc. I brought in two pairs of training shoes: one old and one new. The old pair's tread is nearly worn off. I shared some basic training tips and they all participated in some stretching exercises. The best part was passing around some marathon food. I had them try Sport Beans (my energy of choice during the marathon - yum) and then lemon lime Clif Shot Blocks (nasty).

The weather is finally warming up, and I'm looking forward to getting some pictures outside of our tiny, poorly-lit abode. I guess I should probably take down the last few Christmas decorations; I still have a snowman and a fake wreath hanging on the wall.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chelsi Ritter said...

what are sport beans? hmmmm...sounds interesting. i think sports gu is the nastiest stuff ever, by the way. sick!

5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Last year we had a snowman hanging by our front door until June. I always tell people I hang snowmen up to remind us it's winter but last year, Kyle finally made me put it away when the 100 degree mark hit. --Jen

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home