Sunday, June 22, 2008

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y

Scott looked amazingly good at the finish of the race. He said he was seeing stars and couldn't breathe well, but he had a "second wind" towards the end.
I was taking pictures with one hand and holding Bruce in the other. We were right next to the finish line; Scott stopped to give us a big hug and kiss before finishing.
Yep, that's the hug.
Scott said he's "just happy I exceeded your expectations." I guess I underestimated them, but Scott and Tadd both finished a few minutes under two hours (they said it took them almost two minutes to cross the starting line too). I am totally impressed - and very jealous too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lindsay said...

Wow Great job!!! Jake is still training hard for his 64 mile run up the mountains here in utah! I don't know how you guys do it! I was just proud that I shaved 6 min. off my time when I did two 5K's.

12:36 PM  
Blogger Drewmeister said...

Wow--congrats to Scott and Tad! Running up a mountain is quite the accomplishment.

6:59 PM  
Blogger The Elledges said...

holy smokes!!! you guys are amazing and slightly crazy...we are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited to see all of you!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Laura & Brad said...

Woo hoo! Way to go, Scott!!!

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home