Wednesday, February 04, 2009

The System is Down

No photos with this post; my computer is under construction at the moment. Last night it was in about a dozen pieces and today it was throwing some weird errors so I've surrendered to a laptop.

Here's a random sampling of what's going on in the Bruceosphere.

1. The Super Bowl. I don't really care about the football part of things, but the Super Bowl to me means that avocados are on sale everywhere - even at Whole Foods - and that is a good thing.

2. The Progress Report. Bruce's preschool gave me a two-page report on how Bruce was doing. Here are a few gems: "When Bruce is sitting on a teacher's lap or with a teacher nearby it helps him to focus during circle/story time," "Bruce loves to run and is very fast," "He has shown little interest in art projects or drawing but loves to play with the cars and Legos," "He asks questions during stories and laughs at all the silly parts," and "He prefers to be active and free play but with teacher support he is learning there are times to play and times to be part of the group."

3. Snow and Ice. There was an ice storm last week that dumped a few inches of snow, then rained, then froze. I had to slowly skate myself to the gym the next morning and run on the treadmill. I really dislike treadmills mostly because I like to feel like I'm going somewhere when I run. The treadmill I used tried to alleviate that concern with an avatar of me that ran around a track on an LCD monitor in front of me. Treadmills aren't what they used to be.

4. Cholesterol Avoidance. Yes, I am supposed to do this all the time but I've been a little lazy - a speck of cheese here, a scoop of real ice cream there. But this past weekend I totaled zero milligrams in preparation for today's blood test. It's like crunching before the big final although I'm not sure it helps even that much. We'll see. I haven't been tested in almost a year, so it'll be interesting to see how bad it is now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home