Saturday, January 10, 2009

Here comes the Weapon Phase

I've always been a little fascinated and disturbed by little boys and their obsession with weapons. Where does it come from? I've never bought Bruce toy guns or any sort of weapons, nor do I let him watch anything violent.

But he still has that innate love of weaponry.

He has built a gun out of Legos before ("built" is probably a strong word for it - it was just a straight stack of Legos but he still ran around the house pointing it and making shooting noises) and became interested in swords when he got a Playmobil advent calendar that had a Mideval theme with tiny swords, horses, knights, and treasure.

Here Bruce is swordfighting his cousin at Grandma and Grandpa's house, where there are limited weapons and they are all made of foam.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dorese @ Dorese's Pieces said...

Holy HANNAH you're fast to update your blog! I'm not nearly so dedicated to mine... perhaps when I have more time? Right... :) You guys look like you're doing GREAT and I especially loved reading about your recent trip to see your family. Bruce is adorable!

2:03 AM  
Blogger ellen said...

Boys and their weapons will be boys and their weapons!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

It is crazy how they just figure it out. One day when Tim was about two years old he was at my mom's house and picked up one of my little sister's many barbies. I thought, "oh great, Zac will be happy about this." Well a second later he had cocked back one of Barbie's legs with the sound effect of cocking a gun. Before my eyes innocent little Barbie changed into quite the wild gun. Those pointed toes shot up many bad guys that day. Hmmm. What are you gonna do?

6:16 PM  
Blogger Chelsi Ritter said...

hey i just saw the victory dance; classic. hilarious.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home