Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Jingle Bells

We opened one Christmas present early. Scott's grandparents and parents got us a camcorder and I wasted no time in unboxing it and testing it out. I have about a dozen movies of Bruce singing or dancing and then asking, "Can I watch the movie now?" He loves to watch himself.

I used to cringe every Christmas morning when my parents insisted on getting out the camcorder (and tripod...and tapes...and cables...and everything...). It always took about an hour to get the thing out and set it up. Then we'd video everyone opening a present in a somewhat controlled manner before mass chaos ensued. I often wondered why in the world my parents would ever record this event every Christmas and when they would ever watch these videos.

I think I'm beginning to understand. I occasionally pop in the DVD from when Bruce was in the NICU and refresh my memory of just how tiny he was and just how far he has come. And I can't wait to record Bruce on Christmas morning!

2 Comments:

Blogger mithu said...

i love how after "jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way! oh..." it becomes his own creation! he's such a cutie!

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eldon loves to see the videos of Bruce too! Here's a secret message from Eldon to Bruce... cggggd n5C`Mhh

9:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home