Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I get by with a little help from my friends.

This morning I woke up with a fever, headache, and sore throat. I called the mother of the girl I babysit and told her I wasn't up for it today in my scratchy yucky voice. Then I called Bruce's best friend's mom; she called last night to invite Bruce over to play today. She came and picked Bruce up and took him for the whole morning and even fed him lunch. I read magazines, watched the morning news, sipped water, and slipped in and out of consciousness. When Bruce came home, he curled up next to me on the couch and we both fell asleep for a few hours. Thanks Diana for letting me rest.

Here's what helped me make it through the rest of the day: this marble track game. My neighbor let us borrow it and Bruce has been playing with it intensely ever since. He puts on a really serious face when he plays with it.

Already, I am feeling much better than this morning. With a little ibuprofen and a lot of water and clementines, I just might be back on my feet tomorrow.

6 Comments:

Blogger ellen said...

We all need good friends! I hope you're well enough for the big party tomorrow night!

5:20 PM  
Blogger mithu said...

i hope you feel loads better by tomorrow! i don't know of a vegan alternative to chicken noodle soup which works just as well. i mean, there are always herbs, but i don't know how effective it is to drink hot echinacea(sp???) broth...

take ester-c...everyday, you'll be less susceptible to sick germs. get better soon!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Doc said...

Aw, feel better, Em! Hope all is well...

8:29 AM  
Blogger Frozen Cacti said...

Glad to help. Heavens knows you've been there for me!

I love that you used a line from a Beatles song. Awesome!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Karyn said...

I love Bruce's focused face. He is a man with a mission! Get well!

5:50 PM  
Blogger eldonmars said...

Speaking of the Beatles...I hope you feel "better, better, better..."

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home