Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Holidays are Officially Here.

We went to a friend's house for Thanksgiving dinner.
There was no way I'd ever be so crafty. The table was all decked out with artichoke candle holders, nicely folded napkins, nametags on leaves attached to pears, nuts sprinkled down the middle of the table, etc.
I brought my own vegetarian turkey: a pumpkin filled with sauteed veggies and pasta.
The day after Thanksgiving, Bruce and I set up all the Christmas decorations. The lights at the top of our Christmas tree don't work, but after an hour of searching for the one burned-out light, I gave up. We will just have to put a big star at the top.
I put some of the presents out already. Some of the gifts are wrapped in artwork Bruce brought home from preschool. My fridge door was getting a little too cluttered with all the mud-colored paint (when he paints, he mixes all the colors into one big goo before brushing it on the paper).

A few weeks ago, Bruce helped me wrap one of Scott's presents in his artwork. I got the gift while Scott was out of town and had it wrapped before he got back with the idea that perhaps I might surprise him this year (surprising Scott is extraordinarily difficult). Too bad when Scott got home, Bruce pointed out the nicely wrapped box in the closet and proceeded to tell him it was a suitcase. So much for the surprise.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karyn said...

You could surprise Scott by switching the present now.

I love your tree and kid ornaments.

And your "turkey" looks delicious.

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home