Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bruce-isms



This video is from a few weeks ago when we had the girl I babysit and Bruce's BFF over. They've been building forts and ousting me from the room; this little guy suddenly wants his own space. In the video, Bruce and his buddy claimed the closet as their own and declared it a girl-free zone because apparently "there's too much boys," as he put it.

The other day, Bruce asked me where heaven was. I said it was way up high in the sky. He said we should get on an airplane and go there. Then on Sunday, he brought up the topic of heaven again when he pointed to the front of the chapel where skylights shine sunlight down on the organ and said, "Is that where Jesus lives?"

Bruce has been absolutely obsessed with a girl at preschool. He always talks about her - Ava this and Ava that. I got to his school early one day to pick him up and saw him trying to get her attention on the playground. He was trying to show her something and she just kept walking like she couldn't care less that he was there. The poor guy was rejected, but my little optimist didn't even know it. He fondly talked about her all the way home. Today he really did get to talk to her: he told me they played castle together and, sure enough, they both came out with paper crowns (none of the other kids did).

2 Comments:

Blogger Karyn said...

Alli is glad we are having a girl because "boys are too bossy!" :) They say the cutest things (sometimes).
Preschool BFFs are so much fun... especially when the friendship is mutual.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Sherie said...

Love kid-isms!

P.S. I tagged you on my blog.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home