Friday, October 31, 2008

Trunk-or-Treating

Awhile ago Bruce told me he wanted to be an astronaut for Halloween. The next day he wanted to be something else. And so on until last week when he finally settled on a black widow spider.
To achieve this lovely crafty outfit, we stuffed Scott's dressy socks with newspaper and pinned them to my black inside-out high school cross country shirt. We tied the sock-legs together and I was going to tie them to his wrists so they'd all move together but he didn't like that. So they just flopped around. To complete this fine look, we chopped an hourglass shape of red fabric from a bag I got at a business convention. I am definitely no Martha Stewart, but this costume is eco-friendlier than anything Martha can make anyways. And at this point, Bruce doesn't care what his costume looks like.
We went trunk-or-treating last night at the church parking lot. He and Scott walked around to a few cars and got some candy while I handed out candy from our trunk. Bruce was more into it than last year, but that's not saying much. After about 15 minutes, he came and sat in the trunk with me. After we ran out of candy, a few kids came and said "trunk-or-treat!" and Bruce reached into his bag and gave them some of his stash.
Our neighbors just invited us to go trick-or-treating with them, so it looks like we are headed out again tonight. But probably not for more than 15 minutes.

3 Comments:

Blogger Drewmeister said...

Kids are really creative this year with what they want to dress up as Halloween--and the parents do well in making up the costume. Bruce looks great (for a black widow spider)!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

You guys always have the most creative costumes for Bruce. I love them!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

Emily-
I also meant to ask you if you could send me the recipe for your soup you made. That was so good!
Thanks.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home