Saturday, October 11, 2008

Apple Picking - Again.

We went apple-picking yet again.
We went with a bunch of people from church and one of Scott's friends that served as a missionary with him in Russia who was in town for the weekend.

We went to a smaller orchard so there weren't any hayrides or moon bouncers or gimmicks; there were three tractors that kids could climb on.

Last year when we came to this orchard, they let us pick blueberries that were still left on the bushes from the summer season. There were hardly any this year, but we got a little handful to eat.
After running around the orchard for a few hours, Bruce was really tired. When he gets tired he sticks his hands up my sleeves; Ellen documented the moment for us.









After apple-picking, we went to a Wendy's down the road for lunch. We rarely go to fast-food places to eat and now I remember why: there's hardly anything to eat for a cholesterol-challenged person like myself. We went to this place last year and I remembered how nasty the side salad was, so I got a plain baked potato this year. I chowed on my potato and Bruce, who was sitting across from me, accidentally spilled his chocolate milk all over the table and my potato. So the last few bites weren't completely cholesterol-free anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home