Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Annual Clambake

Today was our church's annual clambake. I'm in charge of activities, so I've been collecting lobster orders and coordinating logistics and food. The weather was nasty, so we had our clambake in the church gym. It's definitely cooler to have a clambake on the beach, but it was nice to have a kitchen and real bathrooms handy.
The lobsters were picked up in Gloucester this morning - fresh off the boat from a guy named Lenny. We cooked them in big tubs on propane burners behind the church. Bruce liked checking out the lobsters; he always asks to see the lobsters when we go to the grocery store.
I'd say the day was a success. 250 people. 108 lobsters. 1-1/2 bushels of "steamahs" (clams). About a dozen pounds of melted butter. 150 feet of tablecloth. And dozens of people to help with it all.

Thanks, Ellen, for the pics.

4 Comments:

Blogger ellen said...

You did a great job, Emily! It was fun despite the location and weather. :)

11:22 PM  
Blogger Sherie said...

All I have to say is: YOU ARE AMAZING!!!!

10:00 PM  
Blogger Karyn said...

DId you eat any of it!? :)
Congrats on getting it done!

11:43 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

I didn't eat much of it. I ate a piece of corn and a soy dog while there. When we got home that afternoon I was starving. That night when I was eating raw corn and wondering what to make for dinner, Scott declared it time to go out...

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home