Sunday, September 21, 2008

August 12-23, 1996

This lovely sunflower-covered journal is where I documented many trips and vacations: going to church camps, exploring Philadelphia, etc. August 12-23 my family and I went to Idaho for my older brother's wedding. Here's the fine synopsis from this journal.

"Erik and Lois got married in the Idaho Falls temple. We took pictures and then went to Lois' parents' house. They have a mini-golf course, basketball/volleyball court in the backyard. Anyway, we had a meal there. Then we had a reception. Lois' sisters were bridesmaids. I was a server. I wore a little lacy apron with a heart on it. I served cheesecake and 7up to everyone. No fun, but Erik and Lois only get one wedding day, so I did it for them."

Yes, Erik and Lois. I love you guys so much that I donned a lacy apron for you.

This isn't written in the journal, but I remember one of my little brothers - Chris - cried and refused to wear the lacy apron. My mom pulled him aside and gave him the sternest look ever and made him swear to quit fussing and keep the lacy apron on to please the new in-laws.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home