Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Elderly Women

Two little portraits from today...

1. I'm driving on I-95, a major five-lane highway, and this white Subaru starts weaving in front of me. Not just a little weaving. But going over lane lines on the left and right. I see a shock of white hair coming over the driver's seat. I decide to pass. I pull a few lanes over and speed up to pass this old lady. I glance over as I go by; this lady is at least 80 years old and downing a Slurpee with a spoon.

2. I'm running on a trail (I'm doing a little of that these days!) and see this old lady shuffling behind a walker. A gigantic tote bag is attached to the front of the walker. And in the tote bag is a gigantic boom box blaring talk radio. Perhaps this is her version of the iPod?

5 Comments:

Blogger ellen said...

Growing old isn't all that bad!

8:55 PM  
Blogger TheKunks said...

oh man, Mars! You had me rolling with laughter by #2. You have a way with words :) Katy

12:52 AM  
Blogger Karyn said...

I do that stuff.

Just kidding.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Frozen Cacti said...

Maybe it isn't a good thing that we (in general terms) are living longer?

9:41 PM  
Blogger Drewmeister said...

Too funny!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home