Wednesday, September 03, 2008

The Status of Running

Here's the status of running.

While in Ohio, I sneaked in a few very short runs with my little sis to see if my legs could even run at all. I found that I could go slowly and not make the pain much worse, especially if I kept my stride at a shortened shuffle.

In Montana, Scott's family reunion included a local 5K that the entire family participated in. I was certainly not going to sit on the sidelines! I jogged alongside my mother-in-law until the finish line where I ducked out (I bandited; I didn't have a number).

When I got back to Boston, I sent all my images and clinic notes to the last doctor I will ever see about my stupid hip. I haven't heard from him yet, but I'm tired of waiting.

Waiting, waiting, waiting.

I am running a few miles here and there. Yesterday I ran 3 miles. Today I biked. Tomorrow I will run some more. I feel totally out of shape gasping for breath when I run, but it feels so good to run! If all goes well, I'll be running - no, I mean jogging - the Tufts 10K in October!

I need to get back to running. I'm no good as a biker. Today I tried to pop my front tire up over a curb without slowing down - yeah, I'm so cool - and instead of popping the tire up, I hit the curb straight on and fell flat on my side. Bashed my right knee and got a nice bruise. And I skinned my elbow so it was all bloody. To make matters worse, Bruce thought it'd be awesome to tell everyone in earshot (strangers at the park, cashier at the grocery store, neighbors, etc.) that "mommy has a boo-boo on her elbow." And then they'd ask how it happened and I'd have to tell that lame story.

I just want to run.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry, but I love the bike story :)

11:00 AM  
Blogger Chelsi Ritter said...

so over the summer i took aspen on a ride. at the end of it i was pulling up to our front door when i realized i was still clipped in. doh! i couldn't get out fast enough and down i went. it was so stupid though because it was totally preventable if i'd just been paying attention. luckily aspen can't talk yet, and there wasn't anyone around so i was able to get inside the apartment without anyone knowing!

9:35 PM  
Blogger Lindsay said...

I am sorry too. Jake would go crazy to if he could not run.

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home