Friday, September 19, 2008

1994 was so cool.

Check out this awesome journal, which I named "Maura" and kept locked with a key.
And here's why I kept it locked: it held all my dramatic love stories. Just kidding. Here was my entry on May 18: "I have been going with Donny Gostlin exactly a week. We just broke up today. He said 'we never saw each other.' I was thinking 'I knew this would happen.' Nothin' else new. ELMO." Yes, I called myself Elmo. Yes, I remember this fantastic week-long "relationship." There were two elementary schools in town and I lived on the line, so I spent three years at one and then three years at the other. My friend, who lived across the street and was always so much cooler than me, decided I needed a boyfriend so she called him up and declared us "going out." Donny went to the other elementary school, so we really never did see each other. And if we did, I'm not sure what we would have done anyway. Maybe played tetherball?

Across the page in the picture is another fabulous entry: "April 16. Karyn had PMS today. She snaps at everything I do. Elmo."

1 Comments:

Blogger Karyn said...

Sweet. I remember Maura and the key... and Elmo. Don't remember Donny. Sorry for snapping at you when I had PMS.

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home