Sunday, September 28, 2008

Snippets from the Fresh Frosh

September 3, 2000: Today, Stephanie and all the roomies were standing around in the kitchen. And Steph asked Rebecca what she wanted in a husband. The discussion went from there and eventually I was asked that question. Here were my qualifications. He has to be like my dad. He has to work hard, but know when to stop working. He has to have a sense of humor. He has to be healthy. He has to be handsome. He must be intelligent. He must be able to talk to me about anything. He has to be caring and sensitive. And he has to take me to the temple.

September 6, 2000: The track trainer said my blood test results were in. My iron is 20 - I'm anemic. So I have to drink liquid iron. Not bad right? At least I don't have to get the shot in my butt (poor Anika had less than 1 and got the booty shot). I brought the stuff home and - ew - it smelled nasty. NASTY. Then I tried drinking it. About 1/2 of it got instinctively spit out. 1/4 of it went up my nose. And maybe 1/4 of it got to my stomach and made me feel immediately nauseated. Ick. I have never tasted anything so disgusting. Lucky me - I have to drink 1 Tbsp. x 3 per day. That comes out to 2,829% of the daily RDA for iron! Yipes.

September 23, 2000: Today has been so random. I slept in until 11 a.m. I woke up and it was raining out - and in - our dining room. The roof is leaking. We called Mr. Penrod, the landlord better known as Mr. Pinhead, and he said he'd put some sheet metal up there.

September 30, 2000: I got an email from Dave. He's in love! He met some girl named Sarah at OSU who is Mormon. And he said that she was wonderful 3 times! He only met her 2 weeks ago! Crazy talk! The girl better be cool.
October 20, 2000: My early morning delirium stayed with me as I looked in the bathroom mirror. My hair looked really uneven. So I got my orange handled scissors and started chopping. Bad idea. First of all, I can't cut hair. Second, I'm NOT alive or aware in the mornings. So now my hair is REALLY uneven. Crap.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherie said...

these are so fun!

1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh... the memories! I wonder what Mr. Pinhead is up to these days.

9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home