Thursday, October 02, 2008

Pudding Wrestling

September 17, 2001: We (my roommates and me) headed to a party tonight. It was at a warehouse-like dance studio in Orem. It was packed. We had a big group: Tia, Adrienne, Josh, Katie, me, Anika, Tiffany, Kassie, Breanne, Jessie, and Jessie's roommate. We danced for awhile and that was fun. After an hour or so, I got changed for the PUDDING WRESTLING. There was a tub full of brownie mix and pudding. Tia was to wrestle Adrienne. I was to wrestle Anika. Tia and Adrienne were announced. They got up there and then some other girls jumped in. So Tia and Adrienne backed out and let these girls go. They ended up with their shirts off! Then Tia and Adrienne went. They kept their clothes on and ended up getting booed. Anika and I decided not to go. It got trashy fast. So we decided to get out of there fast. I was glad we left but disappointed that I didn't get to wrestle. So when Tia came home, we went outside and found a mud puddle and wrestled. We ran. We flung mud. We smushed it in each other's faces. Mark, a polevaulter, had brought Tia home. So he came and joined the fight. Anika piled on. By 2:30AM, we were so covered in mud. It was in my ears, up my nostrils, in my eyes, gritting in my teeth - everywhere. We got pictures and then tried to clean up. Our house is covered in mud right now.
__________________________________________

I told my coworkers about this a few years ago and they couldn't believe that I was so naive as to think that pudding wrestling could ever be considered a good, clean sport (as I thought before I went to the party at BYU). I do remember being terribly disappointed when we left, but mud wrestling with my roommates outside our apartment complex until the wee hours of the morning was pretty fun too.

My roommates were all on the cross country team and we had an apartment wrestle-fest about once a week. We wrestled over a WWF Championship belt that hung over the mantle in our living room. Most of the time, Mooner won with her "double Nelson" move (she was from Wyoming). I had my moments of wrasslin' glory though - just not in pudding.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nan said...

Nice. I can still picture Mooner with her sweats and that nice belt. Thanks for sharing your memories; makes me smile. You girlies in the "Casa" were crazy!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Strong Clan said...

I totally remember that NIGHT! WOW!! Mark - I wonder what he is up to?
Also - you need to get out the journal entries from when you came to my house in NJ - my family is crazy!
Emily I love your blog right now!

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember the wedgies? I do miss those days!!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Frozen Cacti said...

It sounds like you had a PG-13 BYU experience.

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home