Monday, October 20, 2008

Quick Trip to the Motherland

I left Scott and Bruce to themselves and flew to Ohio for the weekend. My brother and sister-in-law, who were married last year, went to the temple to be sealed (we believe that marriage can last beyond this life and this ceremony "seals" that bond of marriage to go past the typical "until death do we part" and into the eternities).
We can't take pictures inside the temple, but I got lots of them outside. And it was a lovely day.
Yep, they've been married a year. They waste no time.
Also this weekend, my older brother and sister-in-law blessed their month-old son. That's Caelan giving a little wave from the blankie.
And just for kicks, we all went to a Halloween party. My nieces and nephews had the best costumes of course. Sam was a Star Wars dude - Storm Trooper, I think.
Ruby ate donuts off a string with a little help from Karyn.
Emma made a fabulous Pippi Longstocking. I think all the Mars sisters have been this for at least one Halloween. I know I have.
And what girl's childhood would be complete without a sparkly mermaid costume? Eliza made a lovely princess mermaid.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for Chris and LaTrisha! That first picture is really great!

All the costumes look fab!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Karyn said...

Great pictures. It was great to see you on this quick trip.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home