Friday, October 31, 2008

Farewell to Vitamins and other Stupid Hip News

Good news and bad news.

Good news first: I went to see Dr. Know-it-all and he said the structure of my hips is fine. The shallow socket business is too subtle to be out of normal range. So the good news is no major surgery is needed.

Bad news: What the heck is wrong with me?! After a nice long appointment, he said he thinks it's IT band syndrome. He prescribed a nice dose of anti-inflammatories and two months of physical therapy. He said the labral tear is subtle, if there at all. I think my new solution is to get back to running and tear it to the point that I come in on crutches and someone has to fix me. I really don't think it's my IT band; I know that pain and it's deeper than that. Argh! When does this end?!

In other fabulous news, I finished a big bottle of prenatal vitamins without ever getting pregnant. Yeah, I know, it takes more than vitamins to get prego. But I am officially sick of stressing out about Bruce being an only child. So I bought plain old multi-vitamins and boxed the few remaining maternity clothes I had left (I sent most stuff to my sister long ago). I haven't chucked Bruce's baby stuff yet, so I haven't lost all hope. But I'm not counting on it anytime soon. Sorry Bruce-man, you're going to have to be royally spoiled a bit longer. :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you bought Flintstone vitamins!!
Good luck Em.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Strong Clan said...

I am with mooner! Go flintstone chews! I love you Mars! :-)
And you know what - you might now get prego - who says those vitamins work anyways! Love you!

12:49 AM  
Blogger Frozen Cacti said...

Bruce needs to spend more time at our house. He won't feel like an only child here!

11:06 AM  
Blogger Janis Mars Wunderlich said...

Sorry your hip is still your nemesis. I am glad your problem is 'subtle'.. that's a relief. (too bad the pain is not!!) arghh. Want me to make you a new hip out of clay? We could prob. get Scott to install it, since he's prob. pretty precise with a scalpel, doing rat surgery and all.
Just kidding, I must still be in Dr. Frankenstein Halloween mode, since that is all I've done this week...
Love you! Oh, Bruce is an awesome BLACK WIDOW!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Janis Mars Wunderlich said...

Sorry your hip is still your nemesis. I am glad your problem is 'subtle'.. that's a relief. (too bad the pain is not!!) arghh. Want me to make you a new hip out of clay? We could prob. get Scott to install it, since he's prob. pretty precise with a scalpel, doing rat surgery and all.
Just kidding, I must still be in Dr. Frankenstein Halloween mode, since that is all I've done this week...
Love you!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Sherie said...

Good idea with the hip girl! If you go out, do it with a bang! Then they'll listen! I'm glad it's not surgery, though.

Good luck, things always happen when you aren't planning on them. :)

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home