Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Tagged.

I've been tagged by Sherie.

RULES

1. Post rules on your Blog.
2. Answer the six "8" items.
3. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving them a comment.

8 FAVORITE SHOWS
1. The Office. The romance between Jim and Pam is the closest I'll get to a soap opera.
2. 30 Rock. Scott and I just started watching this last season and thought it was hilarious. One of my favorite episodes, and probably the one I most relate with, is when Liz Lemon stuffs a foot-long sub in her mouth in the security line at the airport because it has mayo on it (liquid/gel/whatever). My fav live from this: "I CAN have it all!"
3. SuperWhy. With all the garbage kids shows on TV, I must admit that even I like good, clean PBS Kids.
4-8. Sorry, can't think of much more. We don't have cable and don't watch much TV. Every once in awhile we channel-surf on Friday nights; it reminds us why we never watch TV. Nothing is on.

8 THINGS I DID YESTERDAY
1. Dropped Bruce off at preschool. It was our turn to bring the snack, so I packed a bunch of carrot sticks and cucumber slices. After school I asked Bruce how he liked his snack. "I ate crackers," he said. I guess the veggies weren't popular.
2. Ran 2.5 miles with Bruce reading a book in the stroller. Not fast. Not slow. ANd not too painful either.
3. Donated toys to a local thrift store. I dropped off toys that Bruce wasn't crazy about anymore and shopped for a few new - and smaller - ones. Among my finds: a little telescope and $3 snow pants.
4. Mailed a package. Scott's grandparents are on a new low-fat, low-sodium, low-cholesterol diet and aren't sure what to eat anymore. I wrote out a few recipes and bagged a few ingredients I thought they wouldn't have (ginger root, cumin seeds, etc) and put it in the mail.
5. Went to the Children's Museum. Bruce has been asking to go for awhile so I finally got a library pass and took him.
6. Spent lots of time on the T. I hate parking by the Children's Museum, so we took public transportation. We ran into the school rush hour on our way there and real rush hour on our way back. We did chat with one of our neighbors on the train, and some missionaries from our church (Sister Bingham!).
7. Read scriptures with Bruce. I read out of the real deal while Bruce flips through a picture book and pretends to read.
8. Updated the blog. Looks like that'll happen again today.

8 THINGS I LOOK FORWARD TO
1. Figuring out where we'll be next year.
2. Having a house with a garage so my car doesn't get hit by my neighbors.
3. New Year's with the fam.
4. That post-PhD-vacation we keep fantasizing about.
5. Feb. 20: the day my non-compete contract runs out.
6. Racing with spikes on.
7. Having a washer and dryer that don't require quarters.
8. Watching Bruce open his presents on Christmas morning.

8 FAVORITE RESTAURANTS
1. Punjabi Dhaba. Good, authentic, cheap Indian food.
2. Bistro 5. The eggplant tower is definitely worth the heart attack.
3. IKEA Cafe. Where else can you feed an entire family for three bucks or less?
4. Grotto. Went there for our anniversary once and it was yummy and romantic.
5. The Vegiterranean. Everything there is vegan, so I can order anything on the menu and not feel a speck of guilt.
6. Lantana Cafe. Yummy Italian food.
7. Anthony's Fish Grotto. I really don't like fish, so I ordered a grilled cheese sandwich (in the days before I figured out the whole cholesterol thing). It is immortalized in my memory as the best grilled cheese I've ever had in my life.
8. T.G.I. Friday's. Yes, the food is kindof cheapo, but it has sentimental value. Scott took me here the night we got engaged. We ordered some monstrous chocolate cake-type dessert and ate it together.

8 THINGS ON MY WISH LIST
1. A house to call my own.
2. An egg separater.
3. A newer DSLR.
4. Fancy-pants lenses.
5. Thick, warm tights.
6. Flat dress shoes.
7. A new or refurbished hip.
8. Six kids and a vehicle to put them in.

8 PEOPLE TO TAG
1. Marissa - because you need to update your blog.
2. Anika - because I want to know what you did yesterday.
3. Tia - because I want to know if you still like The Office too.
4. Tiff - because I want to count the number of times your new husband pops up in the lists.
5. Lana - because you've got soooo much time now that you have two kids.
6. Rolana - because you've tagged me before, haven't you?
7. Amy - because I want to know where you guys like to eat around here.
8. Mithu - because I'm curious to know what's on your wish list.

That took too much time. Thanks, Diana, for watching Bruce while I avoided work.

4 Comments:

Blogger Strong Clan said...

I posted just for you! Love you and thanks for tagging me!

11:36 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks for the tag (I think). It was fun reading your blog. I realized after reading all my favorite places to eat that I eat a lot of unhealthy food...

7:34 PM  
Blogger mithu said...

hey! you've been TAGGED!!

11:24 PM  
Blogger mithu said...

oh, you want an egg separator?? I have an extra one that I've never used. I bought it because I thought I may need another one. Turns out I don't. After all, how many eggs can you separate at once? So, if you don't mind that it's already in my possession, I would be very happy to give it to you!! And yep, I'm still on Blogger...should get off NOW!

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home