Saturday, March 21, 2009

School Pictures

Bruce got his preschool pictures taken a few weeks ago. I've never been a big fan of school pictures, so I wasn't planning on buying them. I have a nice camera and I have a half-dozen photo albums full of great pictures of Bruce. So why pay a ridiculous amount for these?

Bruce was actually absent on Picture Day, so he went to a "make up" day. It was probably better that way: I'm sure he got much more attention than he would have after waiting in line with his class. On "make up" day, I picked Bruce up from his classroom and went to the library where the photographer was set up. The photographer was about 900 years old, and his camera was about that old too. He hobbled with a limp, had so many wrinkles on his face that you could barely see his eyes, and whispered so quietly that I was struggling to hear anything come out of his mouth. Surely, this ancient guy won't be able to make Bruce sit on that cute little stool, I thought.

I was wrong. In nothing short of a miracle, this guy convinced Bruce to sit on the stool, put one foot up on another stool, and cross his hands just so. And then he got Bruce to smile by putting a small stuffed animal on his head and letting it "accidentally" fall.

After that miraculous performance, how could I not buy the pictures?

In other news, Scott has been hacking away at his thesis every possible moment. He got up at 2:30 on a Saturday morning (you read that right - not a typo) and went to the lab to get some work in so we could have a few hours of family time this weekend.

I've been running more this week. I ran 42 miles and will add a few more next week. My hip is nearly healed. Now instead of pinching, grinding, and all those other weird symptoms I had last year, it's just tighter than it should be. I'm shopping around for a 5K race to do in the next few weeks. Stay tuned for more on that.

2 Comments:

Blogger ellen said...

Cute picture!! Keep on runnin'! And I have nothing to say to Scott except it's not normal to get up at 2:30am.

9:38 PM  
Blogger TheKunks said...

Oo! I love the fancy school pics. I've never seen them with a full body shot. Come do a 5k in the Bay Area and I will cheer you on. I hear flights are oober cheap :) KT

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home