Sunday, March 01, 2009

Third Time is Not the Charm

It happened again. The first time was a shocker. The second time was devastating since I thought the first time was completely random (c'mon, I've really had my share of the statistics now!). But the third time - at least I had an inkling.

When I found out I was pregnant, I didn't look up the due date or go buy baby clothes or anything drastic. I did buy prenatal vitamins since I'd bitterly banished those from the house last year. And I did make an appointment with the doctor. But I think the phrase "cautious optimism" works here: I thought, "If I can make it to the 12-week mark, then I'll get excited." Well, I didn't make it. It stinks, but of the three this was the least painful (does that make it the best?).

The week has been very busy and I haven't had much time to decompress, but my break is coming. I'm heading to Toronto this week to chill with my famous artist sister. Bruce will be waking grandma and grandpa up early this week. And Scott will be "living in the lab" undoubtedly with a very burly beard. Only a few more months to finish the thesis...

The flower is from Valentine's Day. Scott picks out unique flowers for me every year, so I snapped a picture. I like this picture better than the pregnancy test shot that I took; that one is a little depressing to look at now.

By the way, thanks to whoever sent me chocolate-covered pretzels. There was no name on the box. They were tasty.

12 Comments:

Blogger Strong Clan said...

Em I love you. Enough said. I just love you.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I am so sorry Emily. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Cally Stephens-Nielson said...

We are really sorry to hear that, Scott and Emily. We will be praying for you guys. I can't imagine how tough it must be, but I know how hard it is to want a baby you don't have, and I think of you often.

2:08 AM  
Blogger rebecca said...

I hope that you have a wonderful trip & that there's good news soon on the baby front. So sorry that it's been so hard getting a sibling here for Bruce. You are a wonderful family! Warm wishes!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Doc said...

I'm sorry, Em. Love your baby Bruce, relax with your sister, and turn to the roads for comfort.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Eisha said...

I am so sorry!--Eisha

6:22 PM  
Blogger TheKunks said...

What a beautiful flower! I just love reading your blog. I am glad I got to read the top 10 list before you kindly removed it. Sorry girl! Btw, you've probably already looked into this but after having Z my thyroid went outta wack which regulates whole body & simple blood test helped me get on thyroid replacement- levoxyll. TMI? LOve n hugs :) KT

6:11 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I'm so sorry. I keep hoping for good news on that front when I come to your blog. Unfortunately it's sad news again. I'm hugging you from afar!

5:05 PM  
Blogger mithu said...

i am so, so sorry. you, scott and bruce are awesome people. hang in there, strong girl!!! BIG hug.

4:38 PM  
Blogger Elisabeth said...

Emily-
I'm so sorry to hear this, I thinik that you're an awesome mom and Scott is a great dad. I'm glad you're getting away for a little r&r.

6:39 PM  
Blogger Megha Doshi said...

Em - My thoughts and heart are with you. Focus on your family be proud of how fantastic a mother and wife you are. The rest will fall into place.
Megha

12:43 AM  
Blogger Shauna said...

Emily, I am so sorry.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home