Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bridal Shower!

One of my friends from college is getting married in a few weeks. Her bridal shower was last night and is the first one I've been to in a long while. I was the only BYU rep in the group: other bridal shower attendees included people from her hometown, from her church congregation, her family, etc. About two-thirds of the group were women who talked about changing her diapers when she was a baby; all those ladies brought dozens of hand towels, slotted spoons, and ceramic bowls. I'd anticipated this, so I wanted to make sure I brought just the right gift. Her hometown friends got her green kitchen items and arranged them into a frog (picture on top). There was some inside joke behind it. Luckily, my gift was one of the last to be opened. Pictured above is her reaction to the card I'd placed inside the box...My friend is a very modest, reserved person. I knew no one else was going to get the traditional bridal shower gift, so I figured it was my duty to get it. Unfortunately I am not one that enjoys shopping for skimpy apparel. I really did spend about a half-hour in the store stressing over which outfit would be just right and wondering if I should just scrap the idea and get flannel pajamas after all. I'm glad I got it. When I was leaving the bridal shower she pulled me aside and thanked me for the gift. She said she went to Victoria's Secret the day before and couldn't bring herself to buy anything. The real cake comes in a few short weeks!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sean and Laura said...

Emily, What is the name of your friend and where is she from? I ask because I grew up in Bow, NH and I am pretty sure I recognized people in those pictures. The world just gets smaller and smaller. By the way, have you guys decided where you are heading?

9:38 PM  
Blogger Strong Clan said...

EMBER!! YIPPIE!!! Do you have her address or email? I can't believe she is getting married, that is awesome!!!

9:40 PM  
Blogger Drewmeister said...

I've never been brave enough to get lingerie for a bridal shower--good for you!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I'm sad you didn't post a picture of your actual gift. :)

My old roommate, Stephanie, and I each took the other's fiance to Victoria's Secret and had HIM pick it out and us buy it. Now THAT is awkward!!! Moreso for the guy, though- we loved torturing them.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home