Sunday, August 23, 2009

Change of Address

Scott and I celebrated our sixth wedding anniversary this past week. This coming week, we are moving for the fifth time in those six years. We are moving out of our cheapo tiny place into a two-family house that is a lot closer to a train station. Hurray for shorter commutes! To wrap up our experience at this apartment complex, here is a list of a few things we liked and didn't like about this place:

Likes -
1. Our landlord put in a nice kitchen a year or two before we moved in. I've appreciated having enough counter space and cupboards to fit all my cooking and baking gadgets.
2. Some of our neighbors are super-nice. The day we moved into the place was one of the hottest days of the year; one of our neighbors brought us and all the movers cold water bottles. Bruce has a bunch of neighbor-friends too: one brought him a toy airplane and bus from her trip to London.
3. The location may not have been great for Scott's commute, but it was awesome for me. Trader Joe's is in the backyard, there's a stroller-friendly running trail nearby, a lake with a dirt path around it, a few playgrounds, a community beach, and a farm where we can pick veggies - all within walking distance.

Dislikes -
1. Some other neighbors weren't so nice. There's the one downstairs that obviously doesn't like kids and has a low tolerance for Bruce skipping along the floor. There's the neighbor that smokes about four packs a day right under our windows. There's the teenage neighbor that sits in his car listening to music and revving his engine for no apparent reason. This same neighbor also used to tear up and down the parking lot at high speeds, slamming his brakes at one end and the other. One day he accidentally put his car in reverse and rammed his bumper into the parking lot fence. I couldn't help but laugh. He moved out last month, thank goodness.
2. Let's face it - there's just not a lot of space here. I'm excited to not be stepping on Scott's toes in the bathroom or tripping all over Bruce's toys.
3. The washer and dryer downstairs require quarters and even after I load them with quarters, sometimes they don't work. I won't get my own quarter-less washer and dryer for awhile, but someday I will really appreciate it when I do get them.

5 Comments:

Blogger mithu said...

Yay for the new address with more kid-friendly yard space, less noise and better commute!!! Congrats!!!

5:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Where are you moving to?

10:32 AM  
Blogger TheKunks said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Hooray for the new spacious pad. Guess we'll have to come visit now :) Z wud just luv your cute kid...i just know it. - KT

1:45 AM  
Blogger Frozen Cacti said...

I hope the move goes okay. I think Bruce will like the new place...backyard, playground, Dunkin Donuts (oh wait little C would like that). Anyway, I think it will be more peacful and safe for all of you.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Eisha said...

Haha--we have so much in common. We share the same wedding day (yes, I spent my first anniversary at your wedding). I have moved 7 times in the 7 years we have been married and two of the seven have been international...and I have VERY similar apartment stories. In fact, we are still in an apartment and will be for another 4 years until our visa's run out.

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home