Saturday, November 07, 2009

Five more days?

Today was my baby shower. Instead of oogling over a big pregnant belly, I passed around pictures of Preemie Phoebe. Every time someone else walked into the party, she would ask, "Is she home yet? When is she coming home?" By the third or fourth time, everyone in the room rolled their eyes with me when I would say, "I don't know..." At least five more days. Phoebe is gaining weight; she's up to 5 lb 2 oz. She forgets to breathe every once in awhile, but has had more problems with reflux in the last few days. She will eat and then spit up, choke on it, and then her heart rate and oxygen saturation drop. She's been in the hospital for 22 days now. Enough already!
The baby shower was nice. A bunch of friends got me a much-needed double stroller. I also got a bunch of diapers, cute little clothes, blankets, and hair bows. I think I've got everything I need now. I just need the baby.

3 Comments:

Blogger Eisha said...

Five pounds 2 oz, that is great! Hopefully she can keep the weight on with the reflux!

1:11 AM  
Blogger Shelly said...

What kind of double stoller?? I love stollers. I have about 5 that I use for all occasions. Come on little girl, you can breathe!!

1:31 PM  
Blogger Janis Mars Wunderlich said...

Hi Emily, I'm hoping that you'll be able to bring home Phoebe soon. Today maybe? Please keep us updated. We love the Boston Raymonds!!

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home