Sunday, February 28, 2010

Phatty McPhoebes

What a crazy week! The forecast called for two big snowstorms this week and we got a dusting of snow once (pictured above is the view from our window) and a few drops of rain once. Scott has been learning how to perform all the different types of physical exams this week; one night he practiced reflexes on me and just about bruised every joint with his hammer (just kidding, he's a good doctor). Scott went skiing in Vermont yesterday for the first time this winter. He is heading to British Columbia next month for a ski trip with his brother, so he needed to freshen up on his mad skills.

I unpacked a few more boxes this week and tried to make Phoebe's bedroom look like a bedroom instead of a junk pile. I still have a ways to go before I post pictures on the blog. Our apartment still needs some work, but eventually I'll post a tour of our awesome place (we still love it!).

This little guy went to three museums in three days last week - with friends! It was winter vacation for the schools around here, so we made the most of our time. I'll admit that it was nice not having to rush out the door and make it to school by 9. Since Phoebe joined the family, it takes so much longer to get everyone dressed, fed, and in the car. Scott says we move "like a glacier." Phoebe had her four-month appointment. She is 10.5 lbs now, which is in the third percentile for her adjusted age (2.5 mos old) and not even on the chart for her real age. She's growing on a nice curve now and we hope she keeps it up! In addition to her normal routine of eating and sleeping, lately she wants to be entertained too. She has a really wimpy cry that she uses to get us to play with her. Phoebe endured another random Bruce Attack - this time while I was trying to unlock our car in a parking lot - but came out unscathed. Bruce, however, has to endure an entire seven days without watching a movie. It'll be a sad day at the library this week when we have to return unwatched movies.

Perhaps the most underrated event of the week was The Pickup of the Apnea Monitor. Phoebe "passed" her sleep study test (breathed all night like a big girl) and the doctor gave us permission to get rid of the monitor. I'm glad we had the monitor for those moments she forgot to breathe, but I'm glad to see it go. Phoebe is now 100% wireless. Yea!


Blogger mithu said...

I love the last line, "Phoebe is now 100% wireless. Yea!" for so many reasons!!! Awesome!

4:46 PM  
Blogger Frozen Cacti said...

Wireless. Awesome.

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home