Wednesday, April 14, 2010

All About Big Bruce

My little man is growing up into a big man. He can read simple words and can write his name. The other day, he ate a big lunch and then asked for "tortilla chips with beans, rice, and cheese" an hour later. I think this is a strong Raymond gene expressing itself: Scott eats two dinners most nights.
He tells me that when he grows up, he wants to become a builder and a superhero.
He picks up all kinds of facts from Scott - like how the liver functions, what can go wrong with kidneys, the anatomy of the digestive system, etc. - but he also makes up a lot of random stuff. For instance, he told me he's going to grow robot legs off the bottoms of his feet.

Bruce is a ham; can you tell?
He tries to tell jokes now, but they don't make any sense so then he resorts to making up nonsense words strung together in phrases with the word "stinky" peppered in. For example, "Shoelace stinky-foot muckomateraft soup-nosed stinky." And then he asks, "Is that funny?"
Every once in awhile, Bruce insists on a Pajama Day. He had it at preschool once and I guess he thought it was fun to wear pajamas all day. Last week we had one of these days.
We walked to the park with Bruce wearing his monkey pajamas. Here is Bruce flexing his muscles, in case you're wondering. Bruce woke up the other day and told me he was going to go do 60 push-ups for exercise. I heard him counting and grunting in his room. What a man.
Somehow all those push-ups paid off. Bruce gets the ladies (here he is bear-hugging a lady from church).

Even with his pants on backward.

2 Comments:

Blogger mithu said...

I just love your kids...they're something else! PJ Day is totally cool...if you ever need any babysitting, I'm in and they can wear their jammies all day! See you at FP this weekend!

11:53 PM  
Blogger TheKunks said...

too cute! smart kid already reading. I love the pants backward pic and comment.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home