Sunday, March 21, 2010

Great-Grandma's House/Restaurant

We visited my grandma and I brought my camera to snap a few pictures of things around her house that remind me of her. The picture above shows a thick pile of trashy magazines.
My grandma used to cook for a restaurant. She did catering too. She has not one kitchen at home, but two. And they are always stocked with cookies and treats. When we arrived, she had a pot of potato soup on the stove, a few sheets of peanut butter cookies laying around, a batch of rolls on the counter, and peppermint oreo cheesecake and some kind of coconut-pudding cake in the fridge.

Sweet tooth heaven!This is a shelf in her second kitchen. Notice the stacks of baking sheets and round cake pans.
There are pictures all over the house; these ones are of my grandpa, who dressed up like Santa Claus every Christmas until he died.
My grandma doesn't like having her picture taken. If I asked her to pose, she'd scowl at me and then I'd feel like a rotten granddaughter. So here's the closest I got to a picture of grandma. Isn't she a rock star?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Having actally met your grandma, I can testify that she is quite the rock star, but I never knew she cooked so much (I mean, I knew she liked to bake, but not this much!). That's awesome!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Karyn said...

mmmm... I can almost smell the cookies baking.

4:04 PM  
Blogger TheKunks said...

Yummy! You have the best blog!

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home