Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Under The Influence

Scott had a lecture this week about sleep deprivation. He learned that staying awake for 18 hours impairs decision-making slightly and is equivalent to having one alcoholic drink. Staying awake for 24 hours is like having two drinks. And so on. In those terms, we are feeling pretty wasted. Perhaps we're not awake for 24 straight hours, but neither of us has slept for more than a three-hour stretch in a few months. Phoebe's fabulous growth spurt comes at a price: last night, she got up five times.
Bruce and Phoebe have been doing well together. Phoebe is laughing and reacting more to what Bruce does, so he likes to get her wound up by tickling her feet and playing pat-a-cake. I love this picture; she looks a bit shocked. "Save me!"
They are having a mellow moment here. Scott rolled his eyes when he saw this outfit. But what girl doesn't need to wear a ballerina skirt?
Bruce is gearing up for a super-hero birthday party next week. He likes to wear this Spider-man bathing suit around as a costume. Today he dressed it up with a construction paper New Year's hat from preschool and a pair of sunglasses.
He is flexing his big muscles in this shot. Oh yeah.

I realize that I don't have many pictures of Scott on the blog. He exists. Perhaps I'll sneak up behind him with the camera one of these nights. Anyway, this movie will have to do. Scott claims that being in the hospital as a med student is just like this:



Scott has exams for his classes next week, and then will have a few weeks to study for the board exam. He's been calling the board exam "the most important test of [his] life." I'm pretty sure I've heard that phrase before for other tests, but this one just might surpass them all in overall lifetime importance: it is a major factor in getting his top choice for a residency program. No pressure! Did I mention we're not getting any sleep?

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger ellen said...

Hey Scott -- that is the first of many tu-tus, I can assure you of that!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Eisha said...

I remember that drinking/ sleep deprivation stat from drivers ed. I guess I shouldn't have pulled two all nighters in a row during finals at BYU. That would explain walking into walls once exiting the tesingt center.

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this post...the tutu, the beer/lack of sleep influence, and the movie! Hang in there everyone!
chandra

5:49 PM  
Blogger mithu said...

The tutu is great! I had ballerina outfits all the way up until I was in the 6th grade!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home