Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Race Report

Yesterday was the Codfish Bowl, a cross country invitational for area colleges with a few has-beens like me in attendance. Scott, Bruce, and Phoebe ventured off for a hike and rock hunt while I warmed up and then ran the 5K. There were a lot of fresh collegiate athletes who went out way too fast and sandwiched Slow Me for about a mile. I eventually elbowed my way out of the pack and caught quite a few people. The third mile wasn't spectacular - I was starting to feel the 80-degree heat and my inconsistent training - but it was good enough for a 15th place finish, 5th place on my team. I wasn't thrilled with my time - 20:17 - probably because I ran an 18:44 on this course a few years ago. Someday when I'm not pushing a stroller for half of my mileage and missing half of my workouts because Scott has to go back in to work at night, I'll get my times down to where I want them.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger ellen said...

1st place hair!

6:21 PM  
Blogger ellen said...

1st place hair-do!

6:21 PM  
Blogger Frozen Cacti said...

I want to know what is in their cups...and why you weren't holding one. Gatorade or something forbidden?

4:56 PM  
Blogger TheKunks said...

I love your hair too. Way to go doing so well. We all know you are Olympic material :)

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home