Friday, November 25, 2011

I am thankful for this weather.

It is nearly December and it was sunny and in the 50s today. It was not warm, but it isn't snowing either - and I am thankful for that.
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends and family. We started out with a Turkey Trot for me and football for Scott, then spent a good chunk of the day cooking. Scott made his famous candied sweet potatoes and a pumpkin pie. I made my grandma's almond cheesecake, an apple pie, a brown rice-butternut squash-pomegranate salad, and homemade peppermint patties. We spent the afternoon stuffing ourselves.
Scott and his dad got up early (12:30 a.m.) for some Black Friday craziness. They went to Best Buy and scored a big TV. As I type, they are watching Lord of the Rings after hooking it up.
As for me, I prefer to avoid Black Friday; I even stocked up on diapers and wipes so I don't have to set foot in Target for the rest of the year (if I can help it).
We chose to relax a little more on Black Friday.
We spent the morning at the Museum of Fine Art and followed that with lunch at Bruce's most favorite restaurant.
We headed to the beach for the rest of the day. Phoebe loved the special treatment from Grandpa.
There were a few people walking their dogs and some were taking photos for their Christmas cards (maybe we should have done that to avoid this), but for the most part it was a quiet day at the beach.
Bruce insisted on wearing his bathing suit and even went in the water up to his knees. He said he was not cold.
He looks a little cold though.
Phoebe also shed her coat, tights, and shoes and waded around in the shallow pools. She eventually admitted that she was cold and put her shoes back on. We ended the day eating Phineas and Ferb-shaped macaroni and cheese while watching Phineas and Ferb.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Gorgeous Pictures! What a perfect beach day!

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home