Sunday, May 05, 2013

One week down.

It's official: I've been in the hospital for a whole week. I woke up this morning at 4 a.m. - between the nurse's station, alarms, getting my vitals taken every few hours, and crying babies, I wake up a lot during the night - and fumbled for my phone to figure out what time it was. I accidentally texted Scott the letter "X," to which he responded within a minute, "Everything okay?" Oops, I woke him up. I assured him I was fine and just clumsy with my phone in the middle of the night, then laid in the dark remembering what happened exactly one week ago on Sunday morning at 4 a.m. Ugh, I can't believe this.

Yesterday and today I've sworn off TV. Maybe it's a slow news week, but the newscast has been the same every day with Boston Marathon bomber news developments and the same sunny weather; it almost feels like Groundhog Day. The TLC Network has done a number on me too. For a few days, I watched a few sappy semi-reality shows - "like a moth to the flame," as Scott said after I told him about this. It's true. I watched "A Baby Story," a show that follows expectant mothers throughout their pregnancy and birth. After a few episodes, I grew tired of all the normal pregnancies on the show and the glamorously quick births. I also watched a show called "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant" that profiled women who just magically popped out healthy babies out of nowhere. What?! That was the last straw: I'm getting too bitter watching TLC, so I'm turning off the tube.

Instead, I wrote about a million thank you notes, finished writing an article for the July issue of New England Runner Magazine, wrote pages and pages into my journal, and am currently working on a post for this blog.

As far as a medical update goes, there isn't much of one. Nothing is happening, but the doctor assures me that's a good thing. Hanging in here.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Yay Emily! One week down. I'm rootin' for you! Keep up the good (boring) work!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

When you get bored and want to watch another show, try Ask the Midwife on the BBC. It is sort of fun and not at all glamorous births. You may have to search a little online but they are in their season. :) So sorry you have to do this again. Hope that you can hang on for awhile longer.

4:48 PM  
Blogger The Colorado Raymonds said...

What? You finally have a chance to watch as much TV as you want and you're done in one week? Hmmmmm? Is there something wrong with you? Bruce will never believe you.
Love you!

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home