Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Little Peek

I had a doctor's appointment this week. My doc is watching me closely and it makes me a little nervous when I go to appointments. I always cross my fingers and just hope my blood pressure is still fine and I won't be sent to the hospital or ordered on bed-rest.

I had an ultrasound at this appointment to check the baby's growth. "Average" was a good word to hear this time around. She's about 2 lbs, 4 oz, and very feisty. She kept squirming around, which makes for blurry pictures. But here's one where she was semi-still and you can sort-of see her face. Looks like a miniature Bruce face to me. She has the "Uncle Chris lip," as I call it. One of my coworkers once told me that "the lip" looks like Homer Simpson. Anyway, I'm finding it hard to imagine Bruce looking like a girl. Maybe I'll try Photoshopping some long hair onto Bruce's head for the next post...

After the ultrasound, I saw my doctor and had my blood pressure checked (still good, yea!). I can still run my 20 minutes per day, which is nice. Overall I feel pretty good. I got a little taste of pregnancy discomfort last week. I broke out in hives and have been trying to avoid scratching all my skin off. I look like I have chicken pox (except for on my face, thank goodness). Last Sunday I realized that I only had one maternity dress or skirt long enough to cover my speckled legs, but it was wool and it was way too hot to be wearing wool.

As I would have to wear a knee-length skirt, I thought it would be best to shave my legs so at least they would just be speckled instead of speckled and hairy. One swipe with the razor and I took off about half my ankle - oh yeah, those speckles aren't just dots. They are bumps. I ended up going to church in a knee-length dress with hairy, speckled legs and a giant gauze pad and Band-aid on my ankle. Very cute.

3 Comments:

Blogger mithu said...

great news! and OUCH! i don't think anyone will care about hairy legs...and you can always shave after those hives subside. have you guys moved yet?

3:19 PM  
Blogger Strong Clan said...

You know my dear the good lord would still love you if you wore a pair of cute pants! Actually I think you are amazing for even going at all!
I want to see a picture of you and your cute belly! You are in our prayers.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Sweeney Household said...

She looks cute even in her ultra-sound. (We have some pics that I hesitated to keep in our scrapbook because they looked a little too skeleton-like.) I'm excited to see this little girl.

Your leg story cracked me up! ;)

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home