Sunday, May 09, 2010

A Shout Out to The Mama

Happy Mother's Day to all you ladies out there, especially the one and only Mom.

My mom is perhaps the world's busiest person, but she dropped everything and swooped in to Boston to save the day when Phoebe was born (see here). She did the same thing when Bruce was born: jumped on a plane and put the crib together, decorated his room, washed all the clothes, and so much more.

My mom doesn't just save the day when babies are born though.

My sophomore year of high school, she drove me to the graduation party of a friend of mine (I didn't have my license yet). He was a friend from another school, so we'd hung out in groups before but I'd never seen him with the majority of his friends. Anyway, my mom dropped me off and planned on waiting in the car down a long driveway because it was a long drive home; she didn't want to go home just to turn around and come back to pick me up, but didn't want to park right next to the house and embarrass me for having my mommy drop me off at a party. I walked into the party only then realizing that it was a big kegger booze-fest (which I was sooo not into). I handed my card to my friend, wished him luck, and left disappointed that we'd driven so far for a beer party and disappointed that my friend wasn't who I thought he was. My mom was surprised to see me hop in the car an hour earlier than planned, and looking so bummed. She drove me to A&W to cheer me up and we got beers together - root beers.

Thanks Mom. You always save the day.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the lovely tribute! I would go ANYWHERE and do ANYTHING for my babies!

9:03 PM  
Blogger Doc said...

Happy Mama's day to you, Em!!!

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home