Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Peas Please


Bruce got a few seeds and paper cups from an Earth Day activity at the Children's Museum. We planted the peas and when they outgrew the paper cups, we transplanted them into a pot. We don't have any dirt included with our condo, although we're on a waiting list to get a community garden plot (we're told it'll be three more years!). For now, the pot in the window will have to do. We've been hanging string to hold up the pea plant, and yesterday the vine made it to the top of the window. Now what?!We've loved watching the tiny vines wrap around the string and climb up the window.
And completely unrelated from peas is this photo of Bruce, dressed as Darth Vader with a baby blanket for a cape and a Bumbo chair for a mask. Frightening, isn't he?

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger TheKunks said...

super funny costume! nice touch with the potty seat...hehe. Priceless when he's older and views what was really on his head. Impressive about the peas. I have never seen them grow so high. Time to copy with my peas :)

12:42 PM  
Blogger a.k.a. Olivia said...

I am glad that I'm not the only one who posts about my houseplants. Now I want a pea plant in my window!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Karyn said...

Your pea plant is so sweet. And Bruce looks like a super pig nose. Hee hee.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Shaheen said...

Shame about your lack of space to grow, but I think it looks fantastic.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home