Saturday, May 22, 2010

Return to Racing

I finished my first PP (Post-Phoebe) race, the Bedford 12K. My goals for the race were to 1) not go out too fast, 2) run somewhat even splits, 3) not feel like walking or shuffling, 4) not get injured, and 5) look good in pictures. That last one is really important.
I finished in 50:29, almost a full seven minutes behind my winning time in 2007. But I reached my goals for this race. Now I'm looking around for my next race. Maybe a 5K? Maybe I'll be faster?
I love my team, the Greater Boston Track Club. On the drive up to the race, everyone in the car shared what they ate the night before. Turns out no one ate the traditional pre-race pasta. One guy ate a hot dog and fries at a bar. I had grilled veggies at a clambake (Scott's last Harvard biophysics event - sad). There's one difference between college and club running: we're too old and busy to care about such things as when to eat noodles.

* Thanks for the pictures, Brad.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger mithu said...

WOW!!! EMILY!!! That's under a 7 minute mile...I know you've been faster, but that's a really fast recovery!!!! You are truly awesome!

12:35 AM  
Blogger ellen said...

Run, Emily, Run!!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Megha Doshi said...

yo! emily, so glad to see you racing again! that is might speedy given the fact that you just had pheobe! i'm glad you accomplished your goals -- especially that last one. you look s-m-o-k-i-n-g in those pics. and i love the glasses. nothing has changed since the good old days when we ran together in boston and you would wear brightly colored shades. your hair looks so long! i guess that's why you didn't do all the little rubberbands?
miss you - megha

7:02 PM  
Blogger j. said...

That's fabulous!! And your hair is getting so long... what a hot mama you are!! ;)

7:20 PM  
Blogger TheKunks said...

Way to go Mars! Love the smiles for the photos :) Multi-tasking hot mama!!

9:15 PM  
Blogger AndraĆ© said...

Hi there! I can't remember how I came to your blog...blog roaming I am sure! Your family is beautiful! I was glad to see you running! You did look great in your pictures :)

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home