Saturday, November 06, 2010

Slacker Blogger Update



It's been awhile since I've posted a real family update, so here's the Reader's Digest version, starting with Phoebe because she is our cover model for this post.

Phoebe is still in a trouble-making phase (hopefully this is just a phase?). It seems no matter how much we childproof, there is always something else dangerous or destructive to find. She is so ridiculously cute though. She loves playing in the leaves on the ground and managed to coat her fuzzy pumpkin Halloween costume in leafy matter, which left trails of leaf crumbs around the house.

Bruce loves school so much. He has a routine that he enjoys every morning. He puts his coat and bag in his cubby, counts objects in a counting jar and writes the number on a post-it note, washes his hands, reads "the morning message," writes his name on the board, answers a "question of the day," and puts his name tag by a symbol representing which table he wants to sit at. Friday's question of the day was, "Who does the dishes at your house?" Bruce answered, "me."

Scott is well into his OB/GYN rotation. The hours are much better than the surgery rotation, and the stories are generally much better. Labor stories never get old. Scott said he would be completely comfortable delivering a baby on an airplane.

I am staying busy keeping Phoebe out of the toilet, getting Bruce off to school, stocking the pantry with snacks for Scott, and reviewing cameras and running when I can. The camera reviews happen when Phoebe naps and Bruce is at school. Right now I'm working on a review of a camera that broke within the first few days of having it. It was sent back to the manufacturer and a new one was sent back to me so I could finish the review. Unfortunately, this camera broke too. This one won't get a stellar review. Running is happening before the kids wake up so I can avoid pushing a stroller. I'm up at 4:45 most mornings. I'm also getting back to track practice once a week with the help of some friends who have volunteered to babysit until Scott can get home from the hospital. I am planning on a 5K on Thanksgiving Day and then a cross country 6K at Club Nationals in December. I want to get fast! The Boston Marathon is only a few short months away.

We got family pictures today, thanks to Terese. We've never paid to have a family picture taken, and it's about time. We attempted to look decent and all look the same direction, but I'm sure Photoshop will have to help us out. Bruce kept making silly faces and Phoebe kept looking everywhere except at the camera. I can't wait to see the photos.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger TheKunks said...

4:45 am?? Grossly early. Love your cover model...she's adorable.

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home