Tuesday, December 14, 2010

BYU XC Reunion


While at Club Nationals, I saw two ladies I ran with at BYU: Nan Kennard (pictured above, cruising to 3rd place overall!) and Rena Chesser. Both of them kicked my booty in the race in classic Cougar style. I love meeting up with former teammates. There aren't many moms that still run competitively, but Rena has 2-year-old twins and Nan has a flock of three kids. On our "BYU XC Reunion Cooldown," Nan explained her Zen-Family-Running Theory. She claims that her running has matured and that having a family gives her a more balanced perspective on life that fuels her running. I need to work on that mentality: instead of whining about my lack of sleep and inability to run out the door any time I want, perhaps I should look for some advantages of being a momathlete.


Photos by Tom the Great.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger TheKunks said...

Zen family running eh...could be a start of a new business idea. You are already amazing Mars!!!

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home