Saturday, December 25, 2010

Ski Vacation

Bruce went skiing for the first time this week. He skipped the last day of school (or as Scott says, "He was not 'skipping.' He was absent.") and went skiing with Scott. Bruce told his class that he was going on a "ski vacation." That makes it sound very cool and official.
Bruce hung out on the bunny hills most of the day, but progressed to a longer beginner hill by the end of the day.
He is so proud of himself. On the way home, he kept asking if I was impressed with him. And I am impressed.
Scott has been wanting to teach Bruce to ski. The day was perfect.
Phoebe and I hung out in the lodge, played in the snow, and took lots of pictures.
I pulled her around in this sled and got lots of comments from people. We heard, "That's the life" lots of times.
And it is quite the life. Who wouldn't want to hang out with this squirt all day?!
I brought a few toys and things to pass the time in the lodge. Mostly she wanted to scoop up snow chunks off the floor and eat them. Gross.
Here's her serious face. She still has Scott's cute chin.
Here are the boys at the end of the day.
Bruce fell asleep in the car on the way home. He was so exhausted that he leaned over the toilet when we got home and said he felt like he was going to barf. He didn't. After a plate of rice and a few glasses of water, he got his appetite back and ate and ate and ate. I don't think I've ever seen a limit to Bruce's energy until that day; that was a rare moment.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Montana Raymonds said...

Could you email me the picture of Scott and Bruce at the end of the day?
Thanks, Valerie

11:09 AM  
Blogger TheKunks said...

Super impressive Bruce can ski. Athletic genes have been passed on fo sho!

2:40 PM  
Blogger Kenley said...

I was just reminiscing on my last 'ski vacation' to Maine while out on the mountain last Friday. Just wish Scott could have come along...

Kenley

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home